About Me

Hi, I'm Jack (that's me on the right just down there!)

I'm 17

I LOVE music

I play guitar

My favourite films are The Blues Brothers, Shaun of the Dead, Ghostbusters, and Oceans 11

and I take Economics, Geography and MEDIA at A level!

The Finished Sequence

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Test Shoot - 24th November 2008


After filming the test shoot, the initial idea of having the killer having a very childish mind with not a lot of creepy habits etc. we looked at the footage and thought this seemed like a real cliche with it being exactly what the audience expect. We decided to change the killer and make him seem as normal as possible so he'd come in and be really friendly to the victim and treat him kinda like he'd in a hotel but then he'll have an evil streak and suddenly switch to being violent and aggressive... I personally really liked the location. The school basement was a perfect place for the shoot. It has a small window to the outside and can easily be made into pitch darkness. This is really helpful as, although we have limited space available there, the darkness is really easy to disorientate the audience so it can seem bigger and we can have more victims in different places. I also really liked the door to the basement, it was conveniently very dusty which gave a really nice effect with the blue light behind it. It made the door glow blue whichset it up really well for the shot with the hand banging against the window (above).

We originally saw our opening as being similar to the Saw films, being kinda gruesome with someone trapped knowing they are in a bad situation. I think it is still quite similar but the killer is much more accessible and easy to relate someone to. It seems as though it could be anyone that has a killer streak, you just dont know... So rather than having a distinctive characteristic like a mask or something, he is more like 'Dexter' from the TV series. Where noone ever suspects him of being a killer...

0 comments: