About Me

Hi, I'm Jack (that's me on the right just down there!)

I'm 17

I LOVE music

I play guitar

My favourite films are The Blues Brothers, Shaun of the Dead, Ghostbusters, and Oceans 11

and I take Economics, Geography and MEDIA at A level!

The Finished Sequence

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Location Reccie - School Corridor

Location Reccie - School Corridor

After staying late at school one night, i was heading outside and looked to my left and saw this. It immediately inspired me for a horror movie set. It is a very dark scene with what seems like a small light at the end of the tunnel leading outside but seems a long way away. The reflection of the light on the shiny floor also makes it seem a bit creepier. Makes it seem slightly more accessible although it really isn't. The obstruction in the middle of the door also looks fairly ominous. I saw this as a POV shot of a character, hearing a noise, quickly turning round to see what it is and seeing this huge obstruction on the floor and noone there. To me, this sack of bin bags as they actually were, could be seen as a body in a bag or something equally disturbing and thus frightening to the character. This could be being dragged by the evil party in the movie or something else that is likely to frighten the audience. The character could then go to investigate what it is that is so disturbing and find something or see something that could warrant a shocking reaction. I did slightly edit this shot by making it sepia rather than keeping it in colour. I feel that by removing what WAS green outside the door, the scene has become more more scary with much less familiarity. I also feel the sepia gives it a more creepy feel, making it much darker. Also, being sepia, could possibly seem like the past and that this has been going on for a long time. This could possibly be the opening of the film, showing something that has been going on for a long time and that this evil is still around when the film could skip to modern times after the opening titles.

0 comments: