About Me

Hi, I'm Jack (that's me on the right just down there!)

I'm 17

I LOVE music

I play guitar

My favourite films are The Blues Brothers, Shaun of the Dead, Ghostbusters, and Oceans 11

and I take Economics, Geography and MEDIA at A level!

The Finished Sequence

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Editing

Over the past few weeks, I've been doing a LOT of work on the edit suite.

One of the things I like best about our sequence so far is the first few shots we see of Rob waking up. In this bit, Rob wakes up slowly in 2 different shots, one a CU and one a BCU. I then cross-faded them over eachother while reducing the opacity of one of them at intervals. This makes the whole sequence really disorientating and confusing, similar to how Rob is supposed to feel. We also took a tilt from his feet chained up, all the way up his body but this was too long to fit over the top and also ruined the disorientating effect and made the editing really obvious. So we decided it wouldn't be a good idea to use it. We also took some sound effects of chains clanging. This was put over the top but it just detracted from the original shots. I actually feel the music by itself accentuates the effect. Also, with our opening credit 'A film by' 'Live Wire', we put an glow on the writing and then used the 'Solarize' effect on and off to make it flash then put some electricity sounds beneath it to anchor the meaning. This was over the clip of the light turning on which also anchors the meaning.

0 comments: